Website Cancer Centers of Southwest Oklahoma
Under the direction of Director of Business Operations, the Poster is responsible for the daily posting of monies received by insurance companies and patients.
High school diploma preferred.
Two years billing experience in a hospital or clinic setting.
Basic computer skills
Must have good organizational skills, reading, writing and proven communication skills.
• Process and balance all monies received.
• Finalize claim validation in Mosaiq (CCSO Oncology Software) and process all hardcopy claims.
• Assist with monthly closing.
• Provide support to patients and management.
SPECIFIC UNIT/AREA RESPONSIBILITIES:
Process and balance all monies received.
• Review all incoming insurance payments to ensure payment is accurate according to the company fee schedule.
• Organize and accurately post all monies received from insurance companies by means of: secure lockbox reports, Remote Deposit Captures, Cash deposits, Credit cards, and Electronic Remittance Advices
• Organize and accurately post all monies received from patients by means of: secure Lockbox reports, Remote Deposit Captures, Cash deposits and Credit cards.
• Prepare daily deposits that provide the Business Director with batch detail, control number and total amount received and posted.
• Appeal underpayments and denials with insurance companies using their appeal criteria and time limits.
• File and date stamp all Explanation of Benefits processed.
• Notify the business office manager of any trends in problems or underpayments.
Manage incoming clearinghouse transmissions, communications and reports.
• Download and process all Electronic Remittance Advice reports to Mosaiq.
Finalize claim validation in Mosaiq and process all hardcopy claims.
• Review and mail all 1500 forms for various insurance companies.
• Copy EOB’s for secondary insurance submission as needed.
• Resubmit claim forms as needed.
Assist with monthly closing.
• Ensure all monies have been posted in the appropriate month.
• Run closing reports for each closing period.
• Compare Ledger summary totals to AR balance to see if all monies are posted.
• Notify business office staff when closing reports have been completed.
Provide billing support to patients and management of CCSO.
• Answer patient questions regarding their bill.
• Provide EOB’s to patients if they do not understand their balance.
• Prepare reports for management as needed.
Coordinate all activities for Indian Healthcare services.
• Coordinate with Lawton Indian Hospital to obtain purchase orders for claims.
• Work with our Accounts Receivable rep to resolve outstanding LIH claims.
Complete special projects or assignments as directed by Director of Business Operations.
To apply for this job please visit www.ccswok.com.