Website Cancer Centers of Southwest Oklahoma
Has thorough knowledge of test and specimen requirements, assists in lab as needed. Able to order and or maintain general lab supplies. Responsibilities include phlebotomy, specimen processing, distribution and tracking, managing reference labs specimens. Assist Medical Technologist as needed. Able to function as a laboratory assistant in all areas of the lab. Under the supervision of the laboratory manager the Laboratory Assistant is responsible for the processing of laboratory specimens and reporting of results in all areas of the clinical laboratory. Maintains laboratory documentation of such results, follows laboratory policies and procedures and maintains quality control practices in the laboratory.
Third or fourth year BS degree laboratory majors preferred. Previous laboratory experience highly recommended.
• Previous experience as a laboratory assistant.
• Demonstrates competency in the following areas.
• Demonstrates competence in all procedures required by a Laboratory Assistant in accordance with institutional policies, particular emphasis on accessioning sample processing, specimen preparation, specimen tracking through incomplete collection summary reports.
• Ability to function in the following areas of the Clinical laboratory: Chemistry, Hematology and Urinalysis.
• Performs routine and STAT laboratory testing.
• Demonstrates knowledge of expected lab results for the adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.
• Notifies nursing unit and or physician of abnormal results, or critical values.
• Operates and maintains equipment correctly and safely at all times, including calibration of instruments.
• Responsible for inventory of reagents and supplies in the laboratory and reports needed supplies and reagents to section supervisor.
• Maintains knowledge of hospital policies, JCAHO, CAP, state and other regulatory requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.ccswok.com.