Cancer Centers of Southwest Oklahoma
The office coordinator performs a variety of clerical tasks that require basic knowledge of systems and procedures. Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, the position is responsible for the daily operations of the medical office which includes answering phones, filing, appointment scheduling, posting of charges, payments and patient demographics, faxing, copying, researching ICD-10 codes or CPT codes, and knowledge of insurance companies and their payment systems. The position interacts exclusively with patients of all ages and cultures, physicians and mid-level practitioners, hospital staff, the clinic nurse(s) and outside business (pharmacies, drug representatives, etc.)
- High School graduate or greater
- Basic computer and secretarial skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology helpful
- Ability to type, computer, communication and customer service skills
- Medical terminology and coding experience helpful
- Participates and implements age specific care and interaction.
- Performs and assists with clerical duties when needed.
- Telephone – Answers phone using pleasant voice and proper etiquette. Takes accurate messages from patients, pharmacies, nursing homes, and home health agencies, routes the message to the appropriate person.
- Retrieves and routes mail to appropriate person daily.
- Deposits – Accurately completes deposit slip and takes money to bank daily.
- In some settings, responsible for petty cash and cash drawer accurate and replenished according to policy.
- Knows the importance of customer service.
- Portrays a pleasant, professional attitude with patients.
- Informs patients of delays in appointment.
- Greets and checks in-patients for medical procedure and ensures all information is obtained and is accurate for billing purposes.
- Verifies existing patient information including name, address, phone number, employer and insurance information every new appointment.
- Creates new chart if necessary, by following policy and procedures.
- Gives new patients appropriate paperwork to complete in order to collect information for insurance billing and patient demographics.
- Inputs information into computer including all insurance information (cert. #, group #, etc.)
- Efficiently and courteously checks patients in and out of clinic following appointment.
- Schedules follow-up appointment if needed.
- Ensures all co-pays are collected from patient.
- Handles questions professionally and courteously in a timely manner
- Keeps clinic clean and orderly.
- Checks each workday to ensure clinic environment is clean and presentable.
- Attends clinic office meetings without absence.
To apply for this job please visit www.ccswok.com.